Tektro m275 leaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza81

Über Member
Hi guys hope someone can help me..

I done a quick leaver bleed and after i noticed the screw went in a bit further than normal, i didnt over tighten just done it up snug.
Now its started leaking and looks like there is a small gap if you look close at the leaver res.
Any ideas how to fix please?

This is the other side just to show that the middle screw isnt as far in

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm no expert, but isn't there a tiny rubber washer that goes on that screw? Has this dropped off allowing the screw to go in deper than normal, but not seal withouit the washer, hence the leak?

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I'm no expert, but isn't there a tiny rubber washer that goes on that screw? Has this dropped off allowing the screw to go in deper than normal, but not seal withouit the washer, hence the leak?

It does have a little rubber washer but thats in place.
Ive just taken that screw out, made sure the other 2 are tight, put a new rubber washer on and put it back but that very slight gap is still there

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I undone the middle screw, screwed in a funnel, filled funnel with oil, pulled out the plunger burped the brakes, took funnel out and put screw back in, thats when i realised it was in more than the other side so took it out made sure washer was there which it was.
Then noticed the leaking

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
So i took the res apart this morning, i cant see anything wrong at all, i did notice that if i screwed that middle screw in too far the cap would lift up creating more of a gap.

I just nicked it up but looks like there is still a small gap, the rubber seal doesn't look damaged or anything either 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom