Tell me about mutli-tools (oscillating)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have an original Fein corded ££££'s, from the days when they had the monopoly/patent? (or no-one had the copied them) and it's the mutts nuts even though it's manual clamping, I just buy cheap universal blades. If buying a replacement now I'd go with quick release and maybe cordless.

having read a few reviews (i only read the bad ones)... there's quite few mentions of the QR not being very tight after a while. This is across various brands & models. It didn't fulfil me with confidence so deliberately went old school :okay:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
having read a few reviews (i only read the bad ones)... there's quite few mentions of the QR not being very tight after a while. This is across various brands & models. It didn't fulfil me with confidence so deliberately went old school :okay:

I've had the bolt-on old style plus the new starlock flavours of the Fein multimaster. The quick release is miles better as the bolt on type tends to shake loose and the bolt thing gets ruined as try and bollock it up tight enough. The bolt fitting is only a fiver but you still have the hassle of replacement. I'm not a tradesman though, so time will tell if the qr is robust after heavy use, but it's still better than the bolt

keithmac

Guru
I had a corded Worx one, it was absolute garbage, lasted 15 minutes before making some horrible noises and packing up.

The Milwaulkee M12 Cordless is a great bit of kit.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
ive been buying the Ruyika brand of tools recently, seem very good for the money and all the batteries are interchangeable between models.

got the oscilator, plane, jigsaw, circular saw...been a godsend during the garden rebuild

I had an Aldi one that burnt out. The replacement had a QR system with a different pattern so old blades did not fit.

What are the common standards for qr blade pattern?

Top Bottom