temperature difference between your rides ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Working earlies / lates alternate weeks, I've had the same issue on my 12 mile commute. Warmish in on lates and home on earlies and cold home on lates and in on earlies. Apart from carrying cooler gear each way to wear, don't really have an answer. :whistle:

The weather forecast had a go at explaining it. Some rural villages are -2deg at night and +20deg in the day :ohmy: I forget the name they used but it has something to do with the ground temperature at this time of year which is cold so its not locking that 20deg, etc heat in at the moment so the air cools down fast, particularly with clear skies.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The weather forecast had a go at explaining it. Some rural villages are -2deg at night and +20deg in the day :ohmy: I forget the name they used but it has something to do with the ground temperature at this time of year which is cold so its not locking that 20deg, etc heat in at the moment so the air cools down fast, particularly with clear skies.
indeed . although warm you can still feel the bite in the air even at 3 in the afternoon

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Proper nippy this morning - bib longs back on. Despite there being no frost, my fingers were frozen on arrival. Struggled to get my gloves off.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Nights for the next few weeks.
Tonight was 9°, tomorrow morning is forecast 1°.
Thankfully my legs don't really feel the cold so shorts will be fine and just take a soft shell jacket for morning and decent gloves.
I remember years ago I'd cycle in minus temps to get to work and back amd just wrap up, I'm a wimp nowadays lol

Chief Broom

Veteran
Ive been wearing my old Hein Gerricke textile m/c jacket....after 10 miles its gets too warm especially after a few hills so take it off...but then on descent i get freeze dried :laugh: The pattern recently is going out in the jacket and returning in a t-shirt but its been very cold the last few days so would have to be generating serious heat to remove it :okay:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I got caught Friday. 8 degrees and sunny on the way in. 2 degrees and snowing on the way back. Lack of gloves started to tell a couple of miles into the return leg. Couldn't feel my fingers by the time I got home.

Top Bottom