Temple Cycles Adventure Disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olivertomberry

Hi all! First time poster here.

Looking to downsize my number of bikes into one lean, mean machine - and like the look of the Temple Cycles Adventure Disc. I want something capable on the road but also on light off-road trails (nothing too mental) maybe with a swap-out onto gravel wheels.

Anyone have one? Care to share your thoughtS?

Thanks so much,

Oliver

John_S

Über Member
Hi Oliver,

Welcome to the forum.

My apologies because I can't speak from personal experience having not ridden one. However it's certainly a bike that has very much caught my eye before because it's an absolutely lovely looking bike!

I've read some things about it before here if you've not seen these before and just in case they're of any use whilst you're looking at buying this bike.

https://off.road.cc/content/news/te...ries-classic-looks-with-huge-versatility-3200

https://www.templecycles.co.uk/blogs/blog/a-day-in-hell-an-adventure-disc-review

If you do get one I hope that you enjoy it!

John

DRM

Guru
:welcome: I'm afraid I can't comment on how good/bad they are, but that looks a very nice bike at a reasonable price for what your getting

John_S

Über Member
Hi biggs682,

I agree about them being great looking bikes!

I’m not certain of the answer to your question but the ‘How It’s Made’ series of videos gives a good insight into the bikes from Temple.

https://www.templecycles.co.uk/pages/how-its-made

Also the ‘Journal’ section of their website gives loads of good info about their bikes.

John

D

Deleted member 1258

I like the look of them, the snag is the smallest frame size shown on the disc version looks to be too big for me, it's a 52, both my Genesis and my Eastway are 49's

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Lovely bike, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with one. Proper all steel frame, no cissy carbon fork here. I suspect they are made in the Far East although they don’t say but thats no detriment. Would love one myself but my steel framed Specialized AWOL still has plenty of life left in it.
Buy with confidence Oliver and welcome to the forum :smile:.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I would be very wary about going down to only having one bike. A real mechanical problem occurred with my favourite Raleigh Pioneer a week ago, and if I only had one bike, that would have meant zero bikes to ride until I had sorted it out (needs new freewheel). Luckily as I have, well, several bikes, the Pioneer was parked up in disgrace and an even more ancient Raleigh MTB pressed back into service. On the downside, I still haven't fixed the Pioneer, as it is not an urgent repair due to having others to ride.

OP
OP
olivertomberry

olivertomberry

Thanks for the advice all, the frames are made in Taiwan (like most brands these days), and painted & assembled in the UK. Spoke to Matt the owner and apparently they're on hold for orders for a while, the updated model is going to have thru-axles so I guess it'll have to wait for a while! Appreciate all your thoughts.

Top Bottom