Temporary tooth fillings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am with DenPlan.

My dentist retired, I think I was paying about £12 a month, the new dentist (owner) has ramped up the prices each year, seemingly using his customer base as cash cow to refurb the premises, at the same time as "churning" us, I am 54 with decent teeth and good smile but I apparently I need a Hollywood smile. I have seen how daft this looks on middle aged people, might as well wear my underpants outside of my trousers.
Shop around. As my dentist is leaving and I no longer work close by, I did look at a couple of places closer to home, but they want £50-70 to register (first appt, X-rays etc), plus £15 a month or whatever. As it's only twice a year, I might as well stay put, only 5 miles away. If I book far in advance, hopefully I can get an end of day slot and work around it (contracting gives me flexibility)

keithmac

Guru
Think I pay £18.50 twice a year for checkup and they do a light descaling. Had 3 xrays in the last 4 years (bloody wisdom teeth) but don't pay for them.

NHS all the way for me, pay my National Insurance so may as well get something out of it..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had to have my root filling filed down a bit this week , apparently the filling was a bit to thick in the middle and it was making to tooth stretch when i chewed causing pain .

keithmac

Guru
[QUOTE 4736328, member: 9609"]so is it 18.50 for a check up with the NHS ?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's just gone up to £19.70 from Shaun's link?. Either way less than £40 a year..

Top Bottom