Ten reasons NOT to have a dog.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
13. They cause difficulty with your breathing (I'm allergic!) :wacko:

Berties

Fast and careful!
the biggest problem for any dog owner is the connection between themselves and the dog and when the dog eventualy passes away the emotion heart ache that causes,
I know many dog owners who have never replaced their dog when it passes away totaly down to this reason:sad:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
the biggest problem for any dog owner is the connection between themselves and the dog and when the dog eventualy passes away the emotion heart ache that causes,
I know many dog owners who have never replaced their dog when it passes away totaly down to this reason:sad:

Our first dog, Bruno was a rescue and he'd had a hard life before coming to us, so we were just happy that he'd had as good a life as he could have had with us.

When he passed, it wasn't so much sad, it was just a pleasure to have helped him and that he was now at peace. Instead of feeling sad, celebrate their lives, no matter how long or short you have known them for!

How shall I put this ..... without sounding callous

Children need to learn about the realities of life and death, and the death of a pet dog (whilst traumatic) is one way of experiencing this.

Thomk

Guru
15 They're not goldfish.
16 They are more damaging to the environment than a 4wd :boxing:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Children need to learn about the realities of life and death, and the death of a pet dog (whilst traumatic) is one way of experiencing this.

Guinea pigs are quieter, smaller and cheaper and do the job equally well.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
17- Its the law that if the suns out you have to walk it while not wearing anything above the waist and swigging on a can of Stella (Only applies to staffy bull terriers and knuckle dragging owners under 25)

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member

Yeah, but I haven't got kids anymore. I grew up with dogs and learned all about bereavement that way. Now, a dog would be my substitute child and I couldn't tolerate it's passing so I'm not getting one as much as I'd love one (but I bet I do in a moment of weakness and 'ahhhh'-ness)

defy-one

We as a family have never had a dog, came close to getting one , but the thought of picking up dog shoot twice a day!!! Yuk

Top Bottom