Ten years ago today Amy Winehouse died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any evidence for that?
Do goggle. It is in reputable media. I am surprised that you are not aware of her drug challenges as she was such a talent and her music captured an era. Her music was technically of a high standard and she was also considered an intellectual. She also performed on one occasion high on drugs and made the news. She unfortunately ended up with a drug addict boyfriend at one time that made it worse.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Do goggle. It is in reputable media. I am surprised that you are not aware of her drug challenges as she was such a talent and her music captured an era. Her music was technically of a high standard and she was also considered an intellectual. She also performed on one occasion high on drugs and made the news. She unfortunately ended up with a drug addict boyfriend at one time that made it worse.
I was questioning only your suggestion that following the lead of, among others, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and 18 US states 'would only make it worse'. Any evidence for that?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I was questioning only your suggestion that following the lead of, among others, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and 18 US states 'would only make it worse'. Any evidence for that?

Best, when responding to a post containing several statements, to clarify which one you want evidence for. :rolleyes:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The press have a lot to answer for, she was a talented lass, Back to Black is a great album
Yep. They do seem to have an agenda of hounding the vulnerable. :sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
Any evidence for that?
At risk of going off topic, you are sixty-six times more likely to use heroin if you are a cannabis user than someone who does not partake of the ganja.

Not double. Not 3 times. Not a little bit with wiggle room for scientific error or genuinely differing interpretations.

A whacking great 66 times. A massive, unequivaocal figure.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
At risk of going off topic, you are sixty-six times more likely to use heroin if you are a cannabis user than someone who does not partake of the ganja.

Not double. Not 3 times. Not a little bit with wiggle room for scientific error or genuinely differing interpretations.

and what about tobacco? you know, that legal stuff... and talking about other topics, the disaster that is alcohol??

...and 66 times more likely what? A smoker?? A non-smoker??? :wacko:

When people claim that ganja is the gateway drug, surely it's really tobacco? I don't know a single pot-head who didn't try cigarettes first.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru

Absolute nonsense. Since been a child I’ve known about 100 people smoke the herb & only one used opiates but he works at least.
I did see Amy on stage at an Artic Monkeys gig in Manchester. She looked tiny on a huge stage. Seemed to be half cut. I really liked her & her music. That boyfriend did her no favours the junkie.

That needs a "Sad" and a "Thumbsup".

Meanwhile, her dad has released some material recorded before she got a record deal (possibly as a school-kid). I think he's describing it as very amateurish, but if her fans want to hear it, he's happy to help.
Just post on t'internet as a freebie for everyone, do it with lots of notice so no-one can turn a fast buck on those who didn't realise it was free.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I still can't believe it's ten years since she died. Ok,i can believe it because it's a fact, but you know what i mean.:rolleyes:

Before i read about her upcoming 10th anniversary the other week, if someone had asked me how long do i think it is since she died i'd have said 6 maybe 7 years at most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom