"tender"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karl61

please can anyone tell me if flow saddles relieve pressure from down below? i bought a charge spoon thinking that, that might do the trick, nope not for me , so i'm asking before i split with my readies, also which make? ty all.

iwchris

Best saddle I have ever had is from Lidl's, looks totally "uncool" but it's lovely, I have to wonder why saddles are so bad on bikes.

For me, the softer, gellier and more padded the saddle, to more uncomfortable it is over a long period!

A thin, flat, hard saddle is the best for me now - with possibly hours of being in said saddles 'training' my bum being the reason why!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Saddles are rider-dependent.

For example; I tried the new San Marco saddle which came with my Raleigh Airlite 100 - one word .. ouch! I've swapped it with a Fiz'ik WingFlex saddle I picked up on eBay for £8 and is great.

Norm

As well as agreeing with CC's post, I'd suggest that problems like you are getting can come from the saddle angle and from not sitting on the right part of the saddle.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I had a Italia gel flo saddle, one of those odd split ones and it was hell on earth. I tried lots with 'cut outs' to no avail. In the end, loosing weight was the best thing that improved my saddle comfort, not the pressure, but the reduction in padding around my sit bones.

Now, a San marco regal is, as they've named it 'the Belgian sofa'. But it would be no doubt uncomfy for someone else.

OP
OP
K

karl61

ok i have just ordered a selle italia q-bik flow saddle, lets hope this will do the trick.

Top Bottom