Tenerife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will defo look into that then, I'm really just looking for somewhere to lay my head at the end of the day and somewhere that will store the bike. I don't need anything overly fancy

I will defo look into that then, I'm really just looking for somewhere to lay my head at the end of the day and somewhere that will store the bike. I don't need anything overly fancy

In January, I stayed in a hotel at the very north end of Costa Adeje, almost in Playa Paraiso. Being away from the main resorts meant that I could avoid the most annoying traffic (although I did ride down to Los Cristianos, twice). It does claim to be “cycling friendly” and I think there is a dedicated cycle area in the underground car park but the locking door handle was broken so I couldn’t actually get in to check it out - very secure! Fortunately my room was on the lower ground level which meant I could use the service road and ride almost right up to my room.

Sixmile

Veteran
I was there in February this year, staying outside Los Christianos and hired a road bike from Free Motion in the town. I must say, I was glad to give the bike back. Some of the roads and climbs were great but I'm not a keen descender and the downhills were frightening at times with the cross winds, unprotected road edges and heavy traffic in some places. Definitely not my type of cycling.

I was there in February this year, staying outside Los Christianos and hired a road bike from Free Motion in the town. I must say, I was glad to give the bike back. Some of the roads and climbs were great but I'm not a keen descender and the downhills were frightening at times with the cross winds, unprotected road edges and heavy traffic in some places. Definitely not my type of cycling.

I hate descending these days too - all stems from seeing someone wipe themselves out on Majorca a few years back. He was with his mates, upright and walking after but I think he would have been eating soup for a few weeks after

I’m a cautious descender and have found Tenerife to be fine. Apart from the road from San Isidro down to El Medano which experiences especially strong cross winds (probably why they put an airport down there).

berty bassett

Legendary Member
we stayed in a hotel in costa adeje , the hotel doesnt matter as it wasn't particularly any different to all the others I guess , would think they will all have some way of storing bikes , this one let me take it to room . I chose a company online to hire a bike from and they told me a time they would deliver bike outside hotel , so it arrived all ready to go and they gave me some links to rides around the island . I can only echo what others have said about teide , take something warm for the descent as I got bloody super cold ! and as much as I dislike using same road home as out I wouldn't bother with the straight descent as its very very long and a bit dull , and if the wind is blowing I would take the way from vilaflor every time . worth sorting some routes out before you go so you don't have to tackle the busy road before the big roundabout , but its doable just not nice

Top Bottom