Tenpin (bowling)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I am outraged! My partner phoned Tenpin to book my son's bowling party for his birthday. We had to cancel in August due to one of the kids having covid. I then phoned 2 weeks ago to re-book it. So that's 2 calls my partner made, and 1 call that I made.

We've just checked our phone bills and the total for those 3 calls was £43. We were told we couldn't book in person because it's a centralized system, so phoning was the only option.

So, that's somewhere that will no longer have my business, and I shall tell the manager that tonight!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thats shocking

figbat

Slippery scientist
How long were you on the phone?!
C4A5234B-640C-4AE2-871B-BF7915EE8FCB.jpeg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is what it says about the 0333 number on number supermarket.

What is an 0333 number – what makes them special?
An 0333 number is known to be a special landline number that is used by various businesses, service sectors, statutory bodies, charitable organisations and government offices and the purpose could vary from anything to do with products sold, services provided, voting, help lines etc. It is not free for someone to call an 0333 number but it is almost as good as free since the charge is as less as a local phone call made.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes it's my fault for calling from a mobile and not checking how much it would be. Ok I'm not as outraged now (apart from with myself). I still think there should be an option to book online and/or to book in person at the local branch.

And each call was at least 25 minutes because the call handler kept apologizing because their system was slow. Added to that, being on hold for 10 or 15 minutes

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's cheap for everything else. I think it's just the 0333 numbers that I'm spanked for. Oh well. I'm having a word with the manager to feed it back to head office. I'll just wear the bowling shoes around as much as I can to try to recoup my money's worth.

I got burnt calling Virgin Media. 50p a minute for an 0845 number from my mobile. My fault for not checking.
Ended my contract with them yesterday but without ringing them - done through their online chat and WhatsApp.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sort-of-related, my phone's taken to turning itself on in my pocket without me noticing. I suddenly heard it bipping away to itself t'other day, and retrieved it to discover it had spent the last 50 seconds or so sending these, to me:

1632410903975.png

At 30p a pop, it had gone through almost nine quid in under a minute. :eek:

Needless to say my kids were unimpressed, scathing, and told me to turn off mobile data and not be a twat.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's cheap for everything else. I think it's just the 0333 numbers that I'm spanked for. Oh well. I'm having a word with the manager to feed it back to head office. I'll just wear the bowling shoes around as much as I can to try to recoup my money's worth.
EE by any chance?
They have an access charge that charges by the minute.

Top Bottom