Tensioning bolt... cap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I picked up a cheap La Quelda to replace(?) my NoLogo.

I ended up having to buy the tensioner bolts separately, which is annoying/fine.

They are a bolt, with a spring around it, and a cap.

Is the cap to stop the spring falling off, or should it be put on the bolt on the other side to make smooth contact with the rear wheel?

I stuck some BMX tensioners I had lying around on my current fixie, so, I am fairly ignorant to how track bikes actually work.

IMG_20180408_181423.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
I'll assume no bolt is the correct use.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Those are for classic steel geared bikes. They just adjust where the axel sits in the drop outs. They aren't really up to it for fixed gear

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
Those are for classic steel geared bikes. They just adjust where the axel sits in the drop outs. They aren't really up to it for fixed gear
That's unfortunate... It is what Planet X sold me as the La Quelda tensioner bolt, after I discovered that they were not part of the frameset... It is going to be thoroughly bolted in...
In the original use case, would you ditch the cap?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
See if they fit. Undo the end nut. Screw in from frame side then pop the nut back on. The frame should be threaded. They might not be long enough.

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
See if they fit. Undo the end nut. Screw in from frame side then pop the nut back on. The frame should be threaded. They might not be long enough.
They do fit, and seem like they can oush it to the edge of reasonsbre stretch. The cap can go on, but its a little fiddly tightening it in there...

Top Bottom