Tenways e-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MBosh

@gzoom -Thanks for all the info and also thanks to the other guys for their advice. So is your Boardman bike similar to the one I've linked above, or is it the same bike? Also, when you say you are getting 20 miles per charge, are you having to put a lot of leg work in at that range? What setting do you choose to get the 20 miles?

One other thing I noticed is that the Boardman bike I'm after is £2,299, but it must have gone up by £300 because some reviews have it at £1,999 when it was first reviewed. Is there anyway I can get a discount from Halfords you might know of? Thank again..

Last edited:
@gzoom - What Boardman are you using? I was looking at this one (link below). Do you reckon that one is any good? it's mainly because I have a bad knee ( shattered my knee cap, so knee cap was removed). I can ride a bike still, but after 5 miles pressure on my knee hurts and I then need to carry the bike up four flights of stairs to to my flat.

https://www.halfords.com/bikes/elec...yb-8.9e-mens-hybrid-electric-bike-133934.html

@bonzobanana - That Carrera would be nice, but I wonder if it would be too heavy to carry up four flights of stairs. Plus I wish they would make a bit better looking bike.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Given energy prices are going up do these E-Bikes cost a lot to charge when it comes to the electricity bill? How many watts do the batteries charge at per hour? Thank again..

Definitely would not want to carry the Carrera up four flights of stairs or the Tenway for that matter but definitely would prefer the Tenway for that.

I personally wouldn't worry about ebike charging costs because compared to any other sort of transport they are very low and there are many other cost factors with ebikes depending on their specification. Any type of hub motor severely reduces drivetrain wear as it works independently of the drivetrain so can massively extend drivetrain component life so can have a cost saving over a conventional bike in many ways. I.e. much longer chain life, reduced cassette and freewheel wear rate. Larger wheels with chunkier tyres will typically last longer i.e. 700c/29" for example. You can configure an ebike to get maximum riding value. As long as you are careful of the spec of the model you choose and it suits your application then an ebike is a truly fantastic way of travelling at minimal cost.

I measured how much it took to charge my Motus some time ago
I seem to remember it was about 22p
and that was after I came home with no charge left - or - for the pedants because I was told off for saying power when I should have said charge, some months ago - so little charge that the BMS cut the power off to save damaging the battery

Top Bottom