Tern A7 or Carrera Intercity or ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E1970

Hi.
Looking for new or used folder. I have seen the Tern A7 on offer for £365. I know I will need to add mudguards if needed later. Alternatively the Tern B7 is £400
Just after opinions on whether this is a good buy and how it compares to the Carrera Intercity for £350.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There are do many folders on Gumtree etc, some hardly used, that's it's fairly pointless buying new.

Last edited:

chriscross1966

Über Member
For 400 you should just about to be able to get a Brompton in usable condition... and in a few years time when you want to buy a made to your own spec one then your old Brompton will still be worth 400 quid.

Kell

Veteran
The first question I'd ask is what are you planning to do with it and why do you need the fold?

To commute with or to store it?

As for specifics, the Carrera looks to be a rebadged Dahon/Tern anyway, so it's likely to be a very similar bike.

As for your other point, to me it's pointless buying any commuting bike without mudguards if you're actually planning to commute on it in the UK. That's an easy enough fix on most bikes so long as they have the relevant mounting points.

As for getting your hands on a second hand Brompton, the ones I've seen go for £400 have all been dogs. But maybe you'd be lucky.

OP
OP
E

E1970

The first question I'd ask is what are you planning to do with it and why do you need the fold?

To commute with or to store it?

As for specifics, the Carrera looks to be a rebadged Dahon/Tern anyway, so it's likely to be a very similar bike.

As for your other point, to me it's pointless buying any commuting bike without mudguards if you're actually planning to commute on it in the UK. That's an easy enough fix on most bikes so long as they have the relevant mounting points.

As for getting your hands on a second hand Brompton, the ones I've seen go for £400 have all been dogs. But maybe you'd be lucky.

Thanks for you reply. I'm not commuting it's for leisure. My partners disabled and used mobility scooter so easy to fit in car and don't want to use bike carrier as have 2 cars I want more versatility. I don't need something as small as a Brompton but can see their great for commuters. Do you think the spec of the Tern a7 is better or the same as Carrera?
Thanks for you time and response.

Top Bottom