Tern Link D8 - Derailleur solution needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just picked up a rather cheap Tern Link D8 folder. The main issue with it is that it needs a new derailleur and it's a bit of a strange set up. The NEOS derailleur that's fitted to it new is a combination of hanger and mech and appears to be hard to come by. That means I'd rather fit a standard mech (I have plenty) if possible so I wondered if any other owner had come up with a solution.

There is an adapter available but it appears to be made of gold considering the price. Just looking for a cheaper solution if there is one!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I haven't got a solution but I've been servicing one regularly since 2012, it's on it's 3rd set of jockey wheels. Newer models seem to have a sensible shimano derailleur fitted these days.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
you need to be careful the rear mech doesn't drag on the floor, one of the issues with small wheels and non hub gears

oldwheels

Legendary Member
you need to be careful the rear mech doesn't drag on the floor, one of the issues with small wheels and non hub gears

20 inch wheels should not be a problem. I used to take my Bike Friday off road regularly and so long as I took care there was no problem. I do also have a similar Tern Link tho' not taken it off road but see no real problem If I wish to do so.

Top Bottom