tern link p9

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cat hunter

Regular
First of all I would like to say hello and thanks for letting me join your forum. Right here's my question.i've just recently bought a tern link p9 and its got a sram attack grip shifter on it .but the rubber grip shift has gone all gooey and sticky and I cant seem to be able to find another.so does anybody know what other grip shifter is compatible with the neos 3.0 rear derailleur . Any help is appreciated

alicat

Legendary Member
Welcome to the forum.

Does your grip shift look anything like this one from SJS cycles?

u_i

Über Member
You can get a replacement rubber cover, as linked by @alicat , or you can buy another such shifter. Any other 9-speed shifter will work fine as a replacement too. A quick remedy is to cover the current grip shifter with self-fusing insulation tape, but the result is not pretty and you should eventually seek a more permanent solution.

freiston

Veteran
I ended up replacing the twist shifter on my Tern with a mtb rapidfire style shifter - as well as the rubber of the twist-shifter irritating my skin, I also found I was accidentally shifting gear.

P.S. - You don't really hunt cats, do you?

OP
OP
C

cat hunter

Regular
He he he . I will leave the cat hunter story for another time .but i got a grip shift rubber on order from sjs .20 quid bit of a Rip off for a bit of rubber but does the job

Top Bottom