Tesco "C" cell 3W Cree LED torches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I'm giving up on these and have just ordered another Hope vision.

I can't find the recipt and I've lost the case for one of them otherwise I'd just take them back :becool:

Tesco direct sell them for £12.00 each and the postage was £4.00 or so,

If anyones interested, £16.00 including postage for the pair.

Hi

Are they still available?

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
They are, Yes. I was going to put them on ebay with 2 mounting blocks as a MTB night riding package but just haven't got round to it yet.

If you want them, pm me. I did have an issue with the lights failing after a while, and that was on 2 C cell torches and 2 AA cell ones but this was down to the batteries rattling about and becoming loose in the torch body. I've found a fix though in the form of a layer of tape round the batteries :sad:

If I don't hear from you, I'll aim to get them on ebay probably mid week or so.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
They were from dealerextreme. I had the Twofish Lockblocks originally but I wasn't impressed with them at all. Someone recommended these instead and they're way better.

The only snag is they come from Hong Kong and take ages to arrive.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
No problem :biggrin:

I'm sure I paid a lot more than that though?

Mind you, they've apparently halved the price of their P7 LED torch. Maybe their having a price war with a competitor?
They're certainly better value than the twofish things, they were utter cobblers at £6.00 each!

Were they cobblers with the bigger C cells and the weight or with the AA's as well. I presume they moved did they? It's a bugger, as my lockblocks arrived in the post today. They seemed OK but I haven't ridden with one yet.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I didn't like them with the AA's, let alone the C cells.

It's probably just me, they get rave reviews everywhere else (it's why I bought them,) I also felt resentful at paying so much for a block of rubber and two velcro straps :blush:

My main gripe was that they used to slide round the bars and that there was lateral movement too.
I'm sure I could've put some tape under them to steady them but the Dealerextreme ones just looked so much better.
I was just dissapointed with the lockblocks are reading so much good stuff about them. Maybe it was just my bars, I do keep my bikes polished and the clamps may have been sliding on the polished surface?

Anyway, I hope yours work out fine.

Ah right, fair comment.

I noticed immediately that the thinner mtn bike bars were a problem and had to pull the strap tight. Still it semed to stay there once I'd bounced the bike around. The roadbike semed less of a problem with wider bars plus I can put the block on the tape edge. One also goes nicely on my helmet. What I didn't want was anything permanently attached.

Still the proof is in the pudding and I may well change my mind in a few weeks.

Top Bottom