Tesco withdraw ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Pausing the adblocker, however, did. I'll let others decide whether it was really worth my while doing that.

I'll also let someone else work out the theological implications.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Works with ad-blocker OFF thanks

Shaun

Founder
Good, glad it's working. It's probably best to whitelist the cyclechat.net domain as we don't show any banner ads to logged-in members. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
It's odd that it only seems to apply to the Tesco thread though, isn't it?
There must be something on the page the ad-blocker doesn't like. I've not used them and don't really understand their workings, but a thread on the forum software support site mentioned that ad-blockers had stopped people from replying, and since I'd tried what I could on the CC server backend it seemed like a reasonable thing to try. :okay:

Shaun

Founder
[QUOTE 4761808, member: 9609"]I'm on firefox with noscript and I can't get the thread - is it worth bothering with, any birds, bikes or lorries in it ?[/QUOTE]
You're not missing much. Might as well use the time to pop down to Tesco's and stock up on choccy eggs and booze ... ;) :whistle:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There must be something on the page the ad-blocker doesn't like. I've not used them and don't really understand their workings, but a thread on the forum software support site mentioned that ad-blockers had stopped people from replying, and since I'd tried what I could on the CC server backend it seemed like a reasonable thing to try. :okay:
upload_2017-4-14_17-52-33.png

I'm not actually a nerd - I just pretend to be one for fun occasionally. But that screenshot from the Adblock tab of the Inspect function looks remarkably as if it's the word "advertisement" in the thread title that Adblock is complaining about.

Anyway - I've now disabled Adblock on the forum.

Shaun

Founder
I did wonder if it was hitting some word or other that was triggering a block. The reply form uses java/ajax and the blocker is probably cancelling out the post action; it would also explain why it is working across all pages of the thread, since the title is on all of the pages, as opposed to something in an individual post on page one.

Thanks for the info. Helps to know why. :okay:

Top Bottom