Text editor behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't had that, but I think that some fonts may have changed? Everything looks a bit different to me, as if Shaun has been 'tweaking' things again...

I'll add that on the big desktop box, running Brave Browser, all is entirely normal. Seems limited to Androids...
Edit: fine on a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet running Chrome on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.

Last edited:
I'll add that there seems to be a recent problem posting on my Android phone. There is a significant lag in typing and problems using the "return" button.
Not a complaint - an observation

winjim

Smash the cistern
Over the last few days, there's been some odd goings-on while trying to write posts.
Using enter or backspace removes the keyboard from the screen, needing a tap on the text space to bring it back. No updates to device, S7 Edge, anything changed on forum software?
Just noticed this same thing. Galaxy Note 8, Chrome. Very annoying

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Xperia XA2 on Android. Yep, some strange goings-on yesterday. The emoji line became almost full screen and wouldn't go away, plus lag when tapping any keys.
All seems good in the hood now.

gunja99

I have same issue on another forum recently, weird. S7 Edge too, must be a chrome thing, when hitting carriadge return

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Nothing to worry about, just Google having a closer look at what you are doing to make sure you're legal and safe. Part of the friendly service. :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have the same issue.

Hit carriage return and the keyboard disappears. I then have to click on the text box to make it reappear. I've made no deliberate changes.

Using a Motorola G6 Play on Chrome. I've tested it with DuckDuckGo and get the same issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom