Text on 'ere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
What's the difference between the blue text and the black text?

I know fat writin' means there are unread posts and fin writin' means that it's been read, but what do the 2 colours mean?

Keith Oates

Janner
I think the black text indicates another post has been added since you last opened the thread!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think its:

Black - not clicked on at all
Blue - clicked on
Thin - no new post since last look
Thick - new post since last look

So a title can be black, if you click straight to a page number the first time you look at the thread, and 'last page' is black if it's a new page until you click on it.

Does that make any sense?

Arch said:
I think its:

Blue - clicked on

So a title can be black, if you click straight to a page number the first time you look at the thread, and 'last page' is black if it's a new page until you click on it.

Not yet:wacko:

I'll have another coffee, a ride out for a while and then try again later.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Arch said:
I think its:

Blue - clicked on

Not really!

Page 1 of Chat now has no blue threads, just black, with some bold ones. I've looked at threads and had them be black or blue afterwards, so it's not whether you've looked at them or not. I've also posted in threads and had them black or blue afterwards too, so it's not that either?!

I reckon it's just random.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
unbold: no new posts (you knew that already though)
bold: new posts
black: you've visited the thread already
blue: you really should be getting on with your work, but go on... you know you want to... :wacko:

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Right, the title was bold black before I posted above, it then went thin, then it went bold blue when Fnaar posted, I read it and it went thin blue. I'll now have a look to see what happens after I post this.

Answer: thin blue

abchandler

simonali said:
Right, the title was bold black before I posted above, it then went thin, then it went bold blue when Fnaar posted, I read it and it went thin blue. I'll now have a look to see what happens after I post this.

Answer: thin blue

But I bet it goes black again at some point

Top Bottom