1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TFL Cycle Challenge

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Crock of Gold, 16 Jun 2008.

1. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Our Company has just signed up for this...

https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/index.php

Bit of harmless fun. I wasn't really interested but an ocasional cyclist commuter at work persuaded me to join.

Guess it could encourage more of a cycling team culture in some companies and you may win some prizes.

Since June 1st I've done 358 miles.

2. ralph

ralph New Member

so how did you do in the challenge? did you get a good team/camaraderie going?

3. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

1,350 miles between four of us in the month of June. Me and one other colleague responsible for 1,100 of those! (He cycles in from Thornton Heath). We're based at Farringdon.

Our Legal Director managed a hundred miles (he's 60 and used to be a keen cyclist). Told me he managed to get up Boxhill :smile:. He also cycled in one day from Thames Ditton so fair play.

So a bit of increased camarederie between us cyclists but not much real impact on the rest of the company.

4. jely

jely New Member

it says the challenge is over ;) ...not that my stuffy office would want to take part.

5. ralph

ralph New Member

Can't see who won anywhere either....

6. ralph

ralph New Member

7. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Also appears that only two of our four cyclists' miles were counted.

So officially my company did just shy of 700 miles. Of which I did just shy of 600.:biggrin: