Thank God for spam filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I never even look generally, but on account of a missing email I took a quick peer inside and...

spam.jpg

And that's just this morning! Good God. Imagine if I had to field the buggers one by one. Nightmare!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Our spam filter has gone into meltdown. I am being threatened with legal action from a company in Florida who I've never heard of as I've not paid the invoice - yeah, right!. Meantime, legitimate emails from our office in Hemel are getting labelled as spam:angry:.

Reactions: mjr

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Our spam filter has gone into meltdown. I am being threatened with legal action from a company in Florida who I've never heard of as I've not paid the invoice - yeah, right!. Meantime, legitimate emails from our office in Hemel are getting labelled as spam:angry:.
Can you not flag the legitimate emails as 'not spam' and teach the filter what not to filter??

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Can you not flag the legitimate emails as 'not spam' and teach the filter what not to filter??
Yes, but it's a slow process. I'll keep on at it. Our spam filter has the learning capacity of a brick.

Breaking news...some spam just arrived in my Inbox from....me:wacko:. Hmm...don't recall sending myself this zip file....Delete!!:okay:

speccy1

I wish I could filter out the ones about claiming vouchers from argos/tesco etc etc etc..........:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

There's been a big crypto virus campaign over the past week or two. Our SpamStopsHere service at work blocked 900 virus emails in one day.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Best spam ever:
RE : INFORMATION

YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETED FOR ASSASSINATION OVER A PAST LEGAL FINANCIAL MATTERS . A HIRED INTERNATIONAL ASSASIN HAS BEEN HIRED TO KILL YOU .
ALL INFORMATION AND CONCRETE EVIDENCE WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOU , BUT THAT SHOULD BE AFTER THE APPREHENSION OF THE ASSASSIN .
PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION TO ANY BODY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER ENFORCEMENT PERSONEL IN YOUR REGION.
OUR EFFORT TO TRAP HIM MIGHT BE JEOPADISE , IF OUR STRATEGIES ARE EXPOSE BY OTHER ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES BEHIND THIS CRIME .
FROM THIS MOMENT SEE ANYBODY AS SOMEBODY THAT WANTS TO KILL YOU.

THE PRIVATE INTERNATIONAL INVESTIGATOR TRACKING THE ASASSIN , WANTS YOU TO PURCHASE OUR DEVICE SECURITY ALARM, AS YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PRESS THE DEVICE ALARM IF YOU SUSPECT ANY ACTIVITIES .WE CAN COME TO YOUR RESCUE THROUGH ANY OF OUR ATTACHED SECURITY PERSONEL, AND THIS IS POSSIBLE
WITHIN OUR NETWORK CLOSE TO YOU IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES .

PLEASE TRY TO COOPERATE WITH US .
WE WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU .
HAVE ME CONTACTED ALSO ON THIS EMAILS : bauer{at}bauer.atmailcloud.com fffbureau{at}anpa.nl

REGARDS,
AGENT BAUER .
INTERNATIONAL INTELLIGENCE BUREAU
Seems legit.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What I still haven't figured out is how I keep sending myself spam emails from my own email address; even the blocker on Hotmail says I can't block my own email address.

Anybody care to explain? I'm pretty sure I haven't been hacked.

Top Bottom