Thank You Avon Skin So Soft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Having spent the weekend in a kilt at Knockengorroch Festival amongst a larger than normal midge population due to the mild winter, my midge bites can be enumerated by the fingers on one hand. They were driving some festival goers mental and quite a few of them had angry red bumps identifying direct hits by the Caledonian Luftwaffe.

Me - I sat with impunity, legs akimbo smirking with smugness watching folk do the Midge Gavotte accompanied by inaudible music performed by the Midge Ensemble.

The sites on my bites? Two on my wrist, one on the back of my hand and one on my left ear lobe.

Avon Skin So Soft had demonstrated once again that it's a great midge repellant. Next deployment will be in three weeks time when I go the Scotland on a midge confrontation bike ride from Thurso to Aberdeen.

sazzaa

Having spent the weekend in a kilt at Knockengorroch Festival amongst a larger than normal midge population due to the mild winter, my midge bites can be enumerated by the fingers on one hand. They were driving some festival goers mental and quite a few of them had angry red bumps identifying direct hits by the Caledonian Luftwaffe.

Me - I sat with impunity, legs akimbo smirking with smugness watching folk do the Midge Gavotte accompanied by inaudible music performed by the Midge Ensemble.

The sites on my bites? Two on my wrist, one on the back of my hand and one on my left ear lobe.

Avon Skin So Soft had demonstrated once again that it's a great midge repellant. Next deployment will be in three weeks time when I go the Scotland on a midge confrontation bike ride from Thurso to Aberdeen.
We don't have them here!

ScotiaLass

Guru

I'm up that way then too...I'll wave as you cycle past....

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's amazing isn't it? Avon would like to drop that variant because the same Forest Fresh (or whatever) perfume has been in the range for too long but it's by far their best seller. It doesn't contain DEET, it's just a very green herbal fougere (fern) perfume in a light mineral oil. There's a trace of citronella oil in the perfume but it's not a major ingredient. I've noticed that when you wear it you are surrounded with a strong aura of perfume and I wonder if it's the strong green ferny smell that confuses the midges, who rely on body odour and exhaled CO2 to find their next meal of blood.

Ancillary to this, the midge magnets are interesting: http://www.midgemagnet.co.uk/

Cheddar George

oober member
I had heard a story that the Avon lady in Faslane made a small fortune selling Skin so Soft to the hairy arsed marines guarding the submarine base.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Will it work for this Ardnamurchan one tho'?

P5101183.JPG

LimeBurn

Über Member
I used it on the west highland way a few years back after seeing pictures of people with midge covered legs crying at the roadside. If its good enough for the military its good enough for me.

MikeG

Guru

If you ever go to a tsetse fly area in Africa, take Skin so Soft with you, because it works on those evil buggers too. I was the first to try it, and believe me, tsetses are 100 times worse than midges, so I felt a huge sense of relief on discovering it works. Thing is, they'll bite you straight through your shirt, so you have to cover yourself head to toe with the SsS, even putting it in your hair, and therefore something as pleasant as a moisturiser is a hell of a lot better than some of the poisons out there, none of which work for tsetses anyway.

Top Bottom