Thank you, CycleChat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seems to me CycleChat has proved quite robust in terms of user numbers.

About 500 members log on each day.

I don't think it was any busier when I joined a few years ago.

Others who have been here longer may be able to say if there was ever a golden age when thousands logged on.

Smudge

Veteran
Some forums are like that. I was on bikechatforums (motorbikes) and it was a fairly good one if you ignored some of the idiots. but in the last 6 months since a few of the top contributors left, it has become a cesspit of idiots

Gawd.... BCF, thats a blast from the past. I posted on there for a few years around a decade or so ago. It used to be really busy and pretty mental at times as anything went on there, just about the least moderation i've known.
Lost interest when pics stopped being allowed to be posted and could only be linked to, it made it slow to get through a thread.... Especially the infamous 'Last Post Wins'

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Gawd.... BCF, thats a blast from the past. I posted on there for a few years around a decade or so ago. It used to be really busy and pretty mental at times as anything went on there, just about the least moderation i've known.
Lost interest when pics stopped being allowed to be posted and could only be linked to, it made it slow to get through a thread.... Especially the infamous 'Last Post Wins'
There are 2 or 3 really helpful and knowledgeable people. The rest are an old boys' network of about 15 people who, if you're not part of their group, will just pick holes and bully people until they leave the forum

Smudge

Veteran
There are 2 or 3 really helpful and knowledgeable people. The rest are an old boys' network of about 15 people who, if you're not part of their group, will just pick holes and bully people until they leave the forum

The only mc forum i use and post on these days is advrider and thats only occasionally, but it does have a decent amount of poster content. Its predominantly American, but riders from all over the world post on there. It can be a great source of info on all types of makes & models of bikes.

@Electric_Andy apologies , I took it the wrong way and thought you meant cyclechat

Top Bottom