1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by dangerousjules, 5 May 2008.

1. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

took my sister out to richmond park this morning on her new trek that i bought her, we were twenty miles in when she muffed her gears and had a clipless tumble moment, alas she fell and hit one of the wooden stumps by the grass.she got a big gash on her leg, plenty of fellow cyclists asked if we needed help for which i'm grateful, all we really needed were some wipes and a bandage...when out of now where rolls along an ambulance as he passes i ask if he has any wipes etc...all he did was slow down and say 'no' and drove off, i could'nt believe it!
    so inconclusion thanks to my fellow cyclist!

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Disappointing to read that dangerousjules, hope your sister is OK and that the Ambulance Man/men get their 'come uppance' later in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Well that completely takes the biscuit Jules! But then again nothing surprises me any more concerning the NHS. Hope your sister is ok now.

4. Hope she's ok DJ - I was in the Park this morning too - but didn't notice anything...apart from all the cars that is :tongue: And police people 'radar trapping' cyclists going down the big hill.

A big day for the public services in the park it seems.

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Sorry to hear about the incident...get her back on the bike asap !

What's the speed limit in there then ?

6. 20mph

It's a steep hill and a decent reward for slogging up the other side and negotiating the peds / traffic...

:tongue:

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

20 mph - bugger that - I'd ride on the roads instead - I assume it's a big place this Richmond Park then !

8. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Unbelieveable :tongue:...hope shes ok dj

9. How's your sister today? (Do we call her Dangerous Julie btw? :biggrin: )

10. OP
    OP
    dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

thanks for the the well wishes, she needed a tetnus, did'nt stop her cycling back to my place in canary wharf which is 17 miles away from richmond park...tough old bird!

11. almost 7 miles around and most of the lazy gits;) in there go anti-clockwise,unlike yours truly who goes the more tougher clockwise direction;)

dont even bother going in there on a saturday morning as there is a certain club(no naming;)) who try and tend to run the park;)

hope your sis is alright jules !!!