Thanks for the welcome! (And Charge Plug)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
(Hope it's ok to post this here?)
Wow many thanks for the welcome! Since I got the cycling bug I've been amazed how more experienced cyclists have been willing to chat and offer advice when I've accosted them at traffic lights - normally to ask how they like their bike or whether single speeders are a good idea etc. They seem to be happy to chat away despite the lights changing, or it getting dark..... and it seems to be the same here. Really appreciate it!

My Charge Plug arrived today and three things (none earth shattering tbh) I've noticed....
1. It goes much faster than my old Trek hybrid on the flat
2. It's easy up a slight incline
3. It's less easy up a steeper slope

However this is a good thing as I definitely need strengthening up after a long absense from two wheels. I've noticed people talk abou having a trining bike. Is this the same principal? A bike that makes you work harder?

A training bike is usually a Brompton, Jim. It means you can take them on trains as they fold up.

Alternatively, I'm sure one of your new gang of velo fans will give you some better quality info soon!
Just ride - you'll train yourself once into the rythmn of things...and will keep you 'tuned' until next Spring.

Top Bottom