Thanks to the cyclists of the A24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
y'day morning in the rain.

I'm cycling up the hill.
Walking in the road (Doh!) downhill in traffic Mr Lycra pushing scott road bike with flat front tyre.
Me, calls across, "Awright? Got everything you need?"
Him "I don't need any fookin help."
Me (thinks) "Well fook you too pal, and I only call you 'pal' becuase you've got a head like a tin of meat"

Now, OK, he sees some bloke in civvies and a silly hat riding a Strida but he doesn't know what I've got in my courier bag/seat pack does he? (700c tube, 26" tube, 16" tube, plus repair kit, plus tools - one bag many bikes) so why the attitude?

People are odd. Roadies are odder. ime.

dont think toooo loud, sometimes it accidently spills out :smile:... what an idiot!

Gaz, I never saw you beside the road, but I did see you on the road last night. I almost always stop to check if folk are OK, cause I carry a lot of tools & spares (and a first aid kit).

I did see Origamist walking his bike, but he seemed OK, and had not long passed me (and I was late to work when I was interviewing)

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Gaz, I never saw you beside the road, but I did see you on the road last night. I almost always stop to check if folk are OK, cause I carry a lot of tools & spares (and a first aid kit).

I did see Origamist walking his bike, but he seemed OK, and had not long passed me (and I was late to work when I was interviewing)

i stopped just after balham station. I had turned my bike the other way around to rest on a bench so you wouldn't recognise my lights.

Was that you at the lights at the junction of cavendish road and the clapham common south side.?

400bhp

Guru

I'm cycling up the hill.
Walking in the road (Doh!) downhill in traffic Mr Lycra pushing scott road bike with flat front tyre.
Me (thinks) "Well fook you too pal, and I only call you 'pal' becuase you've got a head like a tin of meat"

Now, OK, he sees some bloke in civvies and a silly hat riding a Strida but he doesn't know what I've got in my courier bag/seat pack does he? (700c tube, 26" tube, 16" tube, plus repair kit, plus tools - one bag many bikes) so why the attitude?

What an utter twat :angry: Yes people are odd.

400bhp

Guru
I helped a young lady out on the way home. Her chain had got caught between the spokes and the rear sprocket.

I managed to get it sorted for her.

She said she didn't know how to repay me :whistle:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist

I'm cycling up the hill.

I'd invite you over, then have a sneaky go on your Strida, innit.

/cackles

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'd invite you over, then have a sneaky go on your Strida, innit.

/cackles

you'd be very welcome. most people have a go at it, I never realised owning one gave people carte blanche to engage you in conversations that begin "woshatthen?" and finish with "bahhissnorrapropabike"

fixed a puncture for one of the Bromptonista last night. He had no clue and his wiife wasn't picking up her mobile to come get him.

Karma balances out in the end.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
you'd be very welcome. most people have a go at it

Tsk!

bikes of a type I've not ridden before fascinate me - although riding a trike did scare the bejesus out of me (lean to turn out of habit, ARGH IT ISN'T TURNING!).

Karma balances out in the end.
hopefully :-)

Stopped to help a chap refit his chain once, although my offers are usually politely rebuffed (most commuters in & out of Manchester can change a p* and have the tools on them). Did have one lady angrily refuse (a bungee from her rear carrier had got caught up in her cassette). "Suit yourself", I said, and rode home.

shippers

I stopped to help someone this morning. Cyclist with slick tyres on a lovely bianchi took a roundabout a bit too fast (A61, Wakefield to Leeds, the Arla Foods roundabout, if anyone knows it...)

Anyway, it fitted nicely into my boot and I dropped him at work. Then gave him his bike back, sadly.

There were 3 or 4 other people already trying to help him. See, up north, we're nicer!

Top Bottom