That horrible feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tynan said:
better on a bike than car or scooter, the experience of a ton plus of car sliding gently down a shallow hill with parked cars on both sides is one I'm not keen on repeating

Yep, its amazing how many hub caps you see in the gutter after a good snow:biggrin:

Terminator said:
Dont think i'd ride 700x23 in ice.I don't particularly like falling off.

ice does not care about tyre size. If it gets really nasty I use my mtb because the chances of turning a skid into a drift are much higher than my roadbikes which would just suddenly not be underneath me anymore.

yenrod

I'll never forget the time when I decided to lean the bike but hardly turn the bars...:biggrin:

I blamed excessive speed :biggrin: me basically...:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse said:
...when you slide and have no control of direction and speed.

Hit my first patch of ice for the winter this morning, on the wee path that breaks off the main pavement at the South side of the Forth Road Bridge, just before the petrol station.

Didn't spot it at all. Wasn't going more than about 10kph but turned my wheel and carried on in straight line, as rear wheel slid sideways for a metre or two. Managed to stay upright but totally lost any faith in tyres for rest of ride in, horrible feeling!

bonj2

also beware of slimy leaves... one particular corner on my commute which has them strewn right across the road, i always take it slowly...

Top Bottom