That rain today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..bit late to discuss but it was on off most of the day ! then come 5pm - torrential time...kept going till about 10pm...

..bit like last year - which I supremely hope it will not emulate !

I live just to the right of the Oirish sea basically and all the water gets sapped up by these clouds (+ whatevers in them) and then gets plonked down on the 'plain/s' below ie Merseyside/Cheshire/Manchester & Lancashire !

Brilliant when its nice as its greatly fresh BUT forget it when theirs a LOW pressure around...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
We had 20mins downpour at lunchtime, then fine after that!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I managed to get sun (or perhaps it was wind) burn yesterday, it didn't start raining here until about 8pm and I'm not sure that much fell... my garden could have done with more as I was nicely tucked up inside.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It was bloody awful - I've been out in worse, but not by much. Tyres were a bit skiddy, and the motons were all rushing to get out of it/watch Corrie/whatever. Shoes went straight in the airing cupboard, and my gloves went on the radiator. Kit is more or less dry this morning (my Prendas Peugeot cap was bone dry, and I only left it on the windowsill).

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
I live just to the right of the Oirish sea basically and all the water gets sapped up by these clouds (+ whatevers in them) and then gets plonked down on the 'plain/s' below ie Merseyside/Cheshire/Manchester & Lancashire !

<history hat on>

Which is why Manchester and surroundings are big city today - the wet weather was very good for cotton spinning in the Industrial Revolution, as the fibres get brittle when they are dry....

<history hat off>

But over here, we had the rain too - pretty constant from about 5pm to 10pm. Lots of nice big puddles, and as I walked out to meet some mates, I realised I really have had these shoes long enough - the hole in the sole let in the water nicely...

domtyler

Über Member
Even rained in London last night, but fine again today.

Top Bottom