That was Lucky !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
I work at Heathrow Airport, yesterday morning i went for a coffee in the terminal with a work colleague,at home time i noticed my coat was missing (with my wallet in the pocket) re traced my steps back to the coffee shop and my coat was still hanging on the back of the chair in the coffe shop (wallet still in pocket!) 5 hours later !!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I work at Heathrow Airport, yesterday morning i went for a coffee in the terminal with a work colleague,at home time i noticed my coat was missing (with my wallet in the pocket) re traced my steps back to the coffee shop and my coat was still hanging on the back of the chair in the coffe shop (wallet still in pocket!) 5 hours later !!!!
Phew! I did the same at Gatwick but it was only for 10 minutes or so. I expect everyone thought the chair was occupied and the owner was getting a coffee or having a pee. Probably nobody sat in that chair for 5 hours.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've got up and left my travel wallet on the table with passport, air tickets, cash, credit cards, the lot, twice: once at a wedding in Baghdad (pre-war) and once at a restaurant in Abidjan. Went back both times about half an hour later and the wallet was still there, untouched. Stupid stupid stupid and very lucky. And probably a bit drunk as well.

Guy I was with did same thing at Aberdeen airport, except he'd left it in the bar and had gone through security when he realised.
He had to go back out then go through security again. Was his 'betting wallet' in the jacket too, the one his wife supposedly didn't know about with the proceeds a very good accumulator in it, circa £400 in cash.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Reminds me of this, from 'You've gone too far this time Sir':

stick.jpg

Top Bottom