That's gonna hurt in the morning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was just turning left out of our cul de sac this morning, looked right to check for traffic and lost the bke on the frosty white markings. Cue impressive slide across the road and a few stinging grazes to elbows and knee.:thumbsup:

Be careful on the roads, chaps, it's may be icier than you think.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ouch! Hope it doesn't sting too badly. Was icy over my way at 6:10 this morning, but stuck to the road and took it easy.

ChrisKH

Guru
Fortunately, if you can call it fortunate, I slipped on the driveway and the alarm bells went off. I didn't pump up my tyres as I had planned and took it easy and used the less hilly, but longer route.

It's amazing how hard tarmac is, isn't it! :tired:

Here is was very cold but the roads were dry and there was hardly a breeze. A joy of a cycle in, apart from the taxi driver at the end, but that's another story....:thumbsup:

Alcdrew

I have first hand experience for the ice this morning. And now need a new rim for my front wheel :thumbsup:

AndyB

I found the icy patch on the roundabout this morning!
I did take the bend rather optimistically and lost it on the ice.
Came down with a bump and slid off the roundabout.

I now have a lovely big bruise on my upper thigh and some nice gravel rash on my knee.

Shredded the knee of my bib longs and also the palm of my glove.

I will youtube the clip once I get home.

:thumbsup:

CotterPin

To all you folks I have suffered icy offs this week, my sympathies. Icy roads are the one thing that put me off taking the bike. Luckily not experiencing anything like that in London right now. Thank goodness for our micro-climate!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
It was very cold here this morning but luckily no ice anywhere, and almost no frost except on the grass and the parked cars. It makes a nice change after weeks of nerve-shredding rides on ice, trying not to repeat my pre-Xmas experiences !

Those who've got ice around today have my sympathies. I can still feel the bruises after my five falls on the one commute....

Tynan

Veteran
was very lucky a few times on the one day a month or so ago that it really was icy, I pushed it to the main road after almost coming a cropper twice in the first 20 yards of our road

Terminator said:
Where is BentMikey at a time like this?

I'd noticed that he hasn't been around for a while. I assumed he was on holiday or something similar.

I didn't scare pee him off to much in the hi-viz discussion did I? :smile:

Top Bottom