The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I'm hoping Saturday or Sunday. Life at the moment is work, repairing/decorating our house after nearly 4 months of building and roofing work, sleep.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Been rather rubbish logging rides - did this on the 13th of Nov:-

57Km Blaby - Countesthorpe - Wiloughby Waterlys - Ashby Magna- Dunton Bassett -Ashby Parva- Frolesworth - Claybrooke Parva - Monks Kirby - Claybrooke Parva -Ullesthorpe- Ashby Parva - Dunton Bassett - Ashby Magna - Wiloughby Waterlys - Countesthorpe - Blaby (slightly shorter route than usual)

First time I noticed these on the roof of the old post office in Monks Kirby! (sorry its a poor photo!)

Monks Kirby PO.jpg

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Been rather rubbish logging rides - did this on the 13th of Nov:-

57Km Blaby - Countesthorpe - Wiloughby Waterlys - Ashby Magna- Dunton Bassett -Ashby Parva- Frolesworth - Claybrooke Parva - Monks Kirby - Claybrooke Parva -Ullesthorpe- Ashby Parva - Dunton Bassett - Ashby Magna - Wiloughby Waterlys - Countesthorpe - Blaby (slightly shorter route than usual)

First time I noticed these on the roof of the old post office in Monks Kirby! (sorry its a poor photo!)

View attachment 669163

Pic actually works really well, the fuzziness makes it look like a painting or a still from an animated film

Reactions: C R

AndreaJ

Veteran
A new tactic was used today for our group ride route planning, 2 of us are happy not climbing hills and the other 2 like climbing hills. They came up with a plan which unsurprisingly involved Welsh hills but we would have the coffee stop after the hill we agreed to rather than at the end of the ride which we usually do, where we could decide on which other hills we would go up on the way home over a nice cup of coffee 😂. Obviously all ways home were uphill! We chose the shortest route.
I also discovered that long descent’s down Welsh hills are surprisingly cold in November .

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I will be at the mercy of the weather gods and getting enough decorating done to convince myself and the OH I can nip out on Sunday for a couple of hours to get 50km in.

Well the weather wasn't great and I had played two games of league hockey on Saturday, so I have fallen at the penultimate hurdle.

However, I managed to get the ceiling and coving painted and 2 coats on the walls and all the fiddly interfaces done where the white joins the colour so pretty happy with that.:okay:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well the weather wasn't great and I had played two games of league hockey on Saturday, so I have fallen at the penultimate hurdle.

However, I managed to get the ceiling and coving painted and 2 coats on the walls and all the fiddly interfaces done where the white joins the colour so pretty happy with that.:okay:
That's a shame but life can get in the way ,hopefully see you in 2023

Top Bottom