The 2024 Half Century (50km or 50 mile) a Month Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
1st January: 33.25 miles - A ride I'd hoped to do on New Year's Eve to round out my 2023 stats, but life and weather got in the way. A few wet roads, but stayed dry myself - https://www.strava.com/activities/10473321022 - 1 point

Total so far: 1 point

Willd

Veteran
Jan 1 - 32.69 miles, 1,001ft - 1 point Bilton, Long Lawford, Church Lawford, Bretford, Brinklow, Ansty, Shilton, Bulkington, Wolvey, Cloudesley Bush, Cross in Hand, Pailton, Easenhall, Harborough Magna, Little Lawford, King's Newnham, Church Lawford, Long Lawford, home.

Points in this challenge 1
Points in all challenges 1

Last edited:

kapelmuur

Veteran
Strava as promised. Extraordinarily wet roads, fortunately very little motor traffic which made navigating around the sheets of water safer. At about 10 miles there was a 'thunk, thunk' sound coming from every revolution of my front wheel. It was caused by a twig attached to the tyre sidewall hitting a mudguard stay. Reasoning that the twig was attached by a thorn through the tyre I opted to leave it until reaching home and put up with the noisy accompaniment. Just as well I did because the twig was attached to a half inch thorn and the tyre deflated immediately I removed it

1st January Happy New Year-Bucklow Hill, Tabley, Arley, High Legh. 51.4km

Domus

Guru
Jan 1 Whitefield, Manchester, Ashley, Tatton Park, Knutsford, Mobberley and return home via slightly shorter route 83.6 Kms 2 points

Running total 2 points

richardfm

Veteran
Jan 4th, 31 miles

Cardiff > Tongwynlais > Taffs Well > Nant Garw > Pontypridd > Treforest > Ton Teg > Talbot Green > Pontyclun> Miskin > Hensol > St. Bride's Super Ely > Cardiff

Mostly cycle tracks on disused railways, lanes from Miskin back to Cardiff.
Weather was dry but the surface was wet with flooding in places.
1 point.

Top Bottom