The 7th level of hell....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The scariest question I was ever asked in a job interview was :-
'So, would you be moving to Milton Keynes?'
I shuddered. Visibly.
Oddly enough, I wasn't offered that one...

Milo

Guru
Whos been to Swinedon then?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I spent my childhood in Watford, lived next to Milton Keynes for 18 years, in Leicester for 7 years, and next to Croydon for 9 years :angry:

Where should I try next? :smile:

yenrod

Baggy said:
I spent my childhood in Watford, lived next to Milton Keynes for 18 years, in Leicester for 7 years, and next to Croydon for 9 years :smile:

Where should I try next? :smile:

You n Chuff should shack up North !

Proper Hills, proper culture ! :angry:

wafflycat

I've lived in a city, a town, suburb and in the countryside. Each has advantages & disadvantages. I'm quite happy where I am now, in the middle of nowhere. It is wonderful for cycling!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
yenrod said:
Proper Hills, proper culture ! :angry:
I'm 50% Lancs and 50% Yorks, just southern born and bred :smile:

got-to-get-fit

Seventh Level of Hell is actually located in Stockton on Tees town centre.
The people look like the cast of michael Jacksons thriller video and the shopping centre is like the toilet from the trainspotting film.

wafflycat

The oddest, freakiest, most shiver inducing place I've ever cycled through, was one day, my cycling buddy Sarah & I were having a long pootle round various Norfolk lanes, as we have frequently enjoyed doing. This particular day we were cycling without maps (a bad move) and we ended up taking a wrong turning. We cycled through a village where everyone, but everyone was wearing wellies. The other clothing consisted of ancioent dungarees and old sweatshirts. There were some kids who came zooming round a bend near us, on bikes, all in wellies, all *screaming* and *screeching* and one turned to look at us as he went by. This kid had a perfectly spherical head, with a mop of Kevin Keegan perm curls and I swear he didn't turn his head, but he *swivelled* it - like some sort of evil doll in a low-budget horror movie.

I think Sarah & I cycled the fastest we ever have as we got out of there! It was *odd* and *strange* :angry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
oooh! Is that new centre the one with John Lewis in it? Not that I'm into shopping centres, but a John Lewis is a thing to be pleased about...!

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Well, I aint pleased. Hateful place.

I've vowed never to set foot in the Highcross Centre unless someone sets up shop selling spare parts for 70's Japanese superbikes.

Or Jeff Wintermann opens a branch of his Citroen H van spares business. Be in there a lot then:sad:

TVC

I think I'll stick to Fosse Park, at least its only 10 mins walk away from me.

I never go into Leicester city centre during the day except to pick up parcels from the central sorting office (the one draw back about Amazon), so I hope it will never affect my peace.

Bad luck though if you have to look at it, a big shiny monstrosity from what I've seen on the news.

Top Bottom