The A15

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
yenrod said:
Is it at least 15miles straight on this section :smile: and has anyone cycled it :biggrin:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...7171,-0.560303&spn=0.272352,0.617981&t=p&z=10
It was, till the earthquake!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I've driven it a lot going to and from Scarborough.

It's a nasty bit of road, lots of traffic, not much space at the verge, single lane, and plenty of temptation to overtake, especially with a lot of trucks using it. Plus traffic trying to avoid the eternal works on the A1.

I'd not look forward to riding on it, and I'm happy to ride on the A10 and so on, but not this bit of track......

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think I might have ridden a stretch of it, about 7 years ago now, before I was better at route planning. Horrible it was.

Maz

Guru
I used to live in Hull and drove the A15 many times. Straight stretch but I've never seen any cyclists on it. Don't blame them either. It was bad enough for car crashes. It's one of those roads with a "Fatalities this year" sign with a number underneath it.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Yenners, don't even think about it. I drive it regularly and almost as regularly see the pillocks who treat it as a racetrack. Lorries veering off the road is common and it is regarded by police as one of the most dangerous stretches of road in the country.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

..the reason i mentioned it was A - i seen it on a map once and B - id imagine itd be inanely boring; as theirs a road in my locale that is pretty straight esp. round Chester direction ie the romans etc...etc...

Top Bottom