The Apprentice - makes me cringe with embarrassment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 1453158"]
I would employ her as she was adopted by Mandela, mentored by the Dalai Lama, educated by Al Gore and supervised by Donald Trump.

The only negative about her is that she does shoot. But then, at least, her shoot doesn't smell.
[/quote]

:biggrin:

When Celia in her Glory shows,
If Strephon would but stop his Nose;
(Who now so impiously blasphemes
Her Ointments, Daubs, and Paints and Creams,
Her Washes, Slops, and every Clout,
With which he makes so foul a Rout;)
He soon would learn to think like me,
And bless his ravisht Sight to see
Such Order from Confusion sprung,
Such gaudy Tulips rais'd from Dung.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I don't doubt the intelligence of the kids on TA (although some of them aren't kids - same age as me or a little older in some cases, I think), even if they are incredibly naive, but what makes me loathe them is their shameless lack of integrity. I get the impression that they'd quite happily lie and cheat to screw someone over to get what they want. I would never do business with someone like that.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 1453157"]
Nick is great, but I'm not keen on Karen. She's not popular around these parts.
[/quote]

Ah yes. You don't have to like her, though - you just have to like her more than you like the contestants...

Zoiders

I don't doubt the intelligence of the kids on TA (although some of them aren't kids - same age as me or a little older in some cases, I think), even if they are incredibly naive, but what makes me loathe them is their shameless lack of integrity. I get the impression that they'd quite happily lie and cheat to screw someone over to get what they want. I would never do business with someone like that.
Sociopaths.

It attracts them like flies on shoot, some companies even try to screen for them these days because by the time you get rid of them they have cost you money in pay and bonuses, settlement and legal fees following law suites by ex-employees. Most of your productive and honest staff will quit - just leaving little Miss or Mr personality disorder way in over their head.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Whyever not? Most of them are certifiable cretins. What they have, generally, is presentability, energy and absolutely limitless self-confidence.

Take this week's task. Sugar made it crystal clear what the task was about: 'smell what sells'. In other words, find out what's shifting, and reinvest in more of it. So one project leader adamantly refuses to buy anything, while the other simply buys bucketloads of tat without any thought at all about what's been selling. That's not unprincipled; that's just dumb.

Great tv, mind!

siadwell

Guru
I would take on the little Chinese girl as she has run a market stall for many years and developed her own products and has come from poverty in China.

Susan Ma. According to her (very brief) biog on the offical Apprentice website:

Born in Shanghai, adrenaline junkie Susan moved to Australia at the age of six before eventually settling in London aged 13. With her mum having no grasp of English, Susan succeeded in getting herself into a school despite her young age and went on to study Philosophy and Economics at University.

Eh?

asterix

Comrade Member
I take that as meaning that her mother didn't have a clue about how to get her offspring into an English school and that Miss Ma got accepted into one under her own steam. Thus showing initiative and drive for one of her age.

Top Bottom