The Apprentice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Right who watched it? I know that I'm normally quite high brow, but I've got a soft spot for the Apprentice and its aggressive Ewok chief Surallan.
Here are a few musings about it:
1) It featured a lady dressed as a ribena berry (and who's apparently a bit 'quirky': i.e. she likes crystals and astrology and all that jazz).
2) The surnames are undoubtedly made up: Wotherspoon, de Lacy Brown. Come on, I want some believability in your made up surnames: don't simply take the name of a popular pub chain and change a vowel.
3) thunderbird's the hood is in it, in a terrible disguise. he even advocated fighting to the death last night. His mission for annoying International Rescue seems to be winning the Apprentice/making an idiot of himself on national TV.
4) The English language is again taking another beating:
'My hands were literally bleeding when I went home.'
'It's hard to work under such intensive pressure.'
Shakespeare rolls in his grave every time one of these management speak goons pipes up about 'executive decisions'.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yes, they were a complete bunch of morons. If these idiots count as being intelligent, then gawd help us!

wafflycat

Can I admit I do not watch reality stuff?

The thought of Big Brother, Apprentice, Dragons' Den, I'm a Celebrity Whatever and all that stuff is a huge turn-off for me. Anytime I see adverts/trailers/news for and about them it's an instant change channel or switch off. The only one anything like that sort of thing I've enjoyed was 'Troubleshooter' many, many years ago, with Sir John Harvey-Jones sorting out businesses.

Give me anything with St David Of Attenborough in it and I'm glued to the screen.

SheilaH

Anyone else think Nick is a Boy George clone?

I really thought that Alex would get the boot in oredr to keep Nick and Raph(a) in for the pure comedy value.

Maz

Guru
I didnt see it, but i'll try and catch the repeat...if only to join in with some of the office conversations about said programme.

one thing i CANNOT stand is those singing/talent/pro-celeb crap programmes like Dancing on Ice, Strictly Scum Dancing, That Sound of Music Maria malarky bollox etc.

Hugo15

Über Member
I would hate to have to work with any the people they put on these progammes. I suspect I wouldn't last five minutes without wanting to kill one of them!

ChrisKH

Guru
Don't watch any of them voluntarily. Mrs KH was watching the Apprentice and the aftershow, but as I have said to her before she has been at home too long and really needs to get back to work and the real world.

For all you programme makers out there; it's cheap and it's crap. Alan Sugar, mate, you've got a personalised number plate. That says it all.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No, I'm with Waffley on this. The Apprentice is doubly bad for me as it features not only nasty putdowns and pressure and stuff, but they are striving for something so utterly beyond anything I care about that I'd just get angry about it.

Not keen on celeb/musical competitions either, but if one was the best thing on telly and I couldn't be bothered to do anything else, I could at least let it wash over me.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
No, I'm with Waffley on this. The Apprentice is doubly bad for me as it features not only nasty putdowns and pressure and stuff, but they are striving for something so utterly beyond anything I care about that I'd just get angry about it.

Not keen on celeb/musical competitions either, but if one was the best thing on telly and I couldn't be bothered to do anything else, I could at least let it wash over me.

obviously the sport of channel surfing is a little more awkward on an analogue monochrome portable :wacko:

NickM

Veteran
I don't watch television, but from the conversation about this programme in my place of daily incarceration I gather that it is propaganda designed to encourage box-watchers to believe that unpleasant behaviour is perfectly normal and acceptable just as long as it results in the making of money.

The supplicants seem to be a bunch of vulgar gits who deserve whatever humiliation they get. As for the very unpleasant Sugar, I hope he gets a bunch of fives.

I didn't see it but according to The Times, the men's team got fleeced by a bunch of patronising solicitors. I was glad to read that there was a vestige of reality in it after all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw the last few minutes after the cycling, I don't watch it normally. The lads have all fallen out - or 3 of them, a poncy one who looks like he has makup and lipstick and a wig, then the spikey trendy lad, and the one that got kicked off (law student).

One or two of the girls are rather nice though !

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

Ah Jesus Christ I've just realised that Raef, the one who looks like he's wearing a wig went to my alma mater Exeter University; people like him are ten a penny round there.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
obviously the sport of channel surfing is a little more awkward on an analogue monochrome portable :smile:

Indeed. It involves getting up, crossing the room and turning the dial - not so irksome, except that this time of year, I'm in bed in the evenings for warmth, so emerging from beneath my duvet, quilt and furry throw is quite an undertaking and leaves me with cold feet.

Top Bottom