The Armstrong comeback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Thought that it might be interesting to re-open this thread two and a half years down the line, given what was said in the Oprah interview.
And also worth it just to see that two years ago an Armstrong thread would sometimes not even make two pages. :eek:

Thought it was quite interesting to see the views from before the fallout, but damn rich p was bang on the money with his statement :bravo: :-
or for being exposed as a drugs cheat which may yet happen.

Think I'm going to ask rich to look into my future.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, he was being investigated and some of us knew the evidence had been around for years so not exactly clairvoyance. It turned out better than I hoped though. It wasn't obvious then that he'd ever get truly nailed.

BJH

Über Member
Marvellous read this one.

Rich P, I think you underplay your cards here. Very succinct early comment that must please you looking back with hindsight now!

Funny to think he opted to go for 7 or 8 and ended up with Zero.

Hotblack Desiato

The shirt incident was a final sad episode from the man who has consistently refused to realise the TdF is actually bigger than him, if not actually bigger than his ego.

Talking of which, I was amused to read in 'The Secret Race' that in 2006 LA had wanted to 'buy' the TdF event from its owner Amaury Sports Organisation (French owner of L'Equipe). However it is hard to imagine the event surviving in France under Lance Armstrong! Even if we knew no more about him than was known back then.

BJH

Über Member
Talking of which, I was amused to read in 'The Secret Race' that in 2006 LA had wanted to 'buy' the TdF event from its owner Amaury Sports Organisation (French owner of L'Equipe). However it is hard to imagine the event surviving in France under Lance Armstrong! Even if we knew no more about him than was known back then.

I suppose thats all that was left to buy having already "bought" the UCI

Top Bottom