The Armstrong Lie - the downfall of the biggest Nobber of all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
What was to be an uplifting story about Lance's TdF comeback became a film about hiding things in plain sight. Here's a review. It has a good review so I think I'll try to catch it - there are hints about the UCI complicity during the time of HV apparently.

raindog

er.....
some of the comments are depressing - really depressing

It would be all fine and well if he disappeared into obscurity where he belongs but there will be books and films, all of which will keep his name in the papers and on your television for years to come.

Sadly this will more than likely keep the focus on the doping culture in cycling. I don't mind awareness and i am happy that it is a small minority that would risk doping, but even on here one good performance can have talk of doping take over threads.

What's even worse is the fact that i will likely watch the movie/s when they come out. Not sure i can handle the self loathing.

From fame to infamy, he still has a form of control in the spotlight, what next, redemption, I'd be prepared to offer him some in exchange for the dirt on McQuaid and Verbruggen but so far he's said nothing, no spot changing then, so not really deserving of any attention at all.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
From fame to infamy, he still has a form of control in the spotlight, what next, redemption, I'd be prepared to offer him some in exchange for the dirt on McQuaid and Verbruggen but so far he's said nothing, no spot changing then, so not really deserving of any attention at all.
sure but i don't think this film is going to turn out sympathetic to him
it was only a matter of time before the first film came out - i doubt it will be the last but this might be one of the better ones because of the access the guy had to people

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Will it play in cinemas or on TV?
I'm not sure of the width of his appeal over the general populace

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Will it play in cinemas or on TV?
I'm not sure of the width of his appeal over the general populace
It is true, it played at a film festival as many good films do, but whether anyone picks up the distribution rights on screen or TV is unclear.
The review seemed good so possibly it will get picked for minor cinemas.

Top Bottom