The bank of Grandad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have written it off ( no choice) and want to write him off our will but my wife won't do it as she has a soft spot for him so my hands are tied, for the moment.
Either you won't be around to worry about him inheriting (as presumably your wife is your beneficiary), or you can change your will (not an immediate concern hopefully)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I am very doubtful about lending anything as I have lost too many things, mostly books over the years. There are a couple of people I would lend tools to but I never lend money.
My grandchildren get fairly generous amounts for birthdays and christmas and I have given gifts to my children compatible with tax regulations on the basis that I cannot take it with me and somebody should get some use of it. It does not leave me short and so long as I keep an emergency supply I am happy to pass it on as if I go gaga it would probably get confiscated anyway.

screenman

Legendary Member
I can see me being packed of to Bangladesh, knowing how careful my kids are with money, none have ever asked for a loan of money, tools yes but money never.

Top Bottom