The benefits of hanging off stuff..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Youtube punted this video in my direction recently:

My interest piqued I've been hanging off various objects since; the best IME being scaffold bar that's high enough to allow your feet to remain off the floor when fully extended. Not sure how much the folks up the road having work done out the front of their gaff appreciated me dangling for a while outside their living room while en-route to the shop; however nobody said anything..

My upper back / neck has always been a bit crap; I think due to poor posture and I'm fairly prone to tension headaches especially after long rides or lifting weights. Occasional hanging off stuff seems to have sorted this and this area now feels totally free of the knots and tightness I could always feel if poking around back there. After hanging for a bit my back feels more relaxed and open, while I usually get a few pops during the process too; which is satisfying. It's also made the regular cracking of my neck a lot easier; which suggests everything's a lot more free in that area.

If you have something appropriate to hang off I'd definitely recommend giving it a try :smile:

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hanging's too good for em...... :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I discovered this concept a few weeks back. I injured both shoulders years ago and they never made a full recovery, but videos on YouTube assured me that hanging would help so I thought I would give it a go. It does help!

I am taking it easy for now, not wanting to re-injure the shoulders, but I'd like to get to the point where I can hang freely for at least a minute or two at a time.

I have a chin/dip station which had not been used since I suffered my injuries. I use it to hang from now, and hope to get back to, er, chinning and dipping!

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I discovered this concept a few weeks back. I injured both shoulders years ago and they never made a full recovery, but videos on YouTube assured me that hanging would help so I thought I would give it a go. It does help!

I am taking it easy for now, not wanting to re-injure the shoulders, but I'd like to get to the point where I can hang freely for at least a minute or two at a time.

I have a chin/dip station which had not been used since I suffered my injuries. I use it to hang from now, and hope to get back to, er, chinning and dipping!

Nice work - glad to hear it's helped you too :smile:

I'd love a proper setup but currently have to make do with beams in the house; which are far from comfortable on the hands and usually limit my sessions to maybe 15-20 seconds. On a decent bar I can do 30 seconds plus and find it really quite relaxing..

Top Bottom