The best advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member

Cadbury's Flake...

The Cadbury's Flake jingle was written by my sisters ex.
(He also wrote the coco pops jingle)
The royalties bought a house in Mykonos.

Somewhere I've got a film of him at a family party playing all the jingles in different styles, Reggae, Chamber Music, Punk, heavy metal, Elvis, etc

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Cadbury's Flake jingle was written by my sisters ex.
(He also wrote the coco pops jingle)
The royalties bought a house in Mykonos.

The team responsible for the Smash mashed potato ads mentioned upthread - the ones with the contemptuous aliens - went to see the then go-to-guy for jingles. They had a chat and explained what they were looking for - just a simple note sequence to accompany the closing strapline: For mash get Smash. The guru, sitting on his piano stool at the time, turned to the keyboard, said "Something like this?", and played four notes. The creative director burst out: "That's it!" The guru said "No, I was just saying, for example..." "No!" declared the creative director, "That's it! Write it down. Now." So he did.

Nice work if you can get it. ^_^

Most modern adverts are pap, but I like this one.

View: https://youtu.be/cWBp4m_WS-Q

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have it on DVD. The irony is that the tagline was something like “isn’t it good when everything just works” and yet it apparently it took over 400 takes to get the final, single shot.
And by sheer coincidence, as I was looking for something else tonight I came across this. The Honda Cog advert on DVD - the only advert I have ever seen fit to get a copy of.
049D5C78-9665-4116-88E5-535054C48F3C.jpeg

3DAACEE9-3F88-46D7-8D0B-F686FED3CB52.jpeg

Top Bottom