The Best Paid Cyclist In The TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
I have just read a very interesting articule in todays Times newspaper by Own Slot which comes up with some strange stats which are also probably true

It says that the highest paid cyclist in the tour is Phillipe Gilbert who earns 2.80 Million Euros next comes his team mate Cadel Evans on 2 .5 M and next comes Bradley Wiggins who is on something like half that . And the biggest spenders are not Sky as many people think but BMC

I am sorry i cannont post a link on the subject maybe somebody can do it for me

It sounds correct... but as it's a Murdoch paper you can never be sure :whistle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
C'mon, then, please explain the difference:smile:
Irony is saying one thing and meaning another (usually the opposite)
Sarcasm is similar but with the intention of hurting the other person's feelings

Irony,sarcasm indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of Irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs.

In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in the comment,
“Beautiful weather, isn't it ?” made when it is raining or nasty.

Irony differs from sarcasm in greater subtlety and wit. In sarcasm ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes. It may be used in an indirect manner, and have the form of irony, as in “What a fine musician you turned out to be !”
:thanks:

53-11

Isn't irony being injured by a safety mechanism? - or getting caught speeding because you were late for a speed awareness course?

Doseone

Guru
So, rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid doesn't appear to be irony. Does Alanis Morissette know this?

Top Bottom