The best way to clean white shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flipflop

Cycling, the healthiest form of self harm I know!
For all lovers of white cycling shoes ( I know your'e out there hiding in the closet somewhere!)

After getting caught in a rain storm while in my pristine shoes with only lycra overshoes ( In this summer what was I thinking!) I arrived back and looked on in despair as I peeled of my sodden overshoes to reveal a blackened grimy mess of what was once a glowing white pristine pair of Northwaves.
I have since hand washed them with Ace bleach and all I can say is WOW! They are virtually brand new again.
All I did was pour in on neat and leave for a minute or two ( watch it magically foam up and lift all manner of oily road and grime detritus out)

Then I rinsed in a warm mix of washing power and swished them round followed by a clean rinse and hey presto.

JUST BE SURE TO WEAR MARIGOLDS AS THIS STUFF CAN BURN A BIT WHEN NEAT.

This stuff is great, I use it on all of my kit on a gentle 30 degree wash cycle and it gets everything spotless.

Just saying

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Any tips for cleaning a grimy white leather saddle?

Pat "5mph"

For spot marks try white toothpaste and an old toothbrush, wash of with a VERY mild detergent immediately afterwards.

(I now feel like one of them old birds off "how clean is your house")
Cheers! Will try your method! :thumbsup:
You just gave me an idea (saddle is really dirty): toothpaste=bicarbonate of soda. Will also try a solution of that with warm water,

Pat "5mph"

If you want to clean white handlebar tape - WD40 :ohmy: (unbelievable - but true ;))
No: I would like to clean a white leather saddle! :thanks:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Got some new white disco shoes for crimbo so be trying these tips out just to also add my fluo yellow SPD shoes I got for my CX bike come up not bad with the jet wash

Mrs M

Guru
Similar to the material of my white (ish) road shoes.
If Mr M gets any marks on the white bit on his golf bag nail varnish remover brings it up like new.

Top Bottom