The BIG question????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apeman

Über Member
does Diddums take hot milk to get to sleep! Get a life!!!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Apeman said:
does Diddums take hot milk to get to sleep! Get a life!!!
Charmed, I'm sure.

There's probably a scientific answer that someone with a phd in milk science will provide. My answer would be because milk is evil and just wants to give you a nasty surprise when you take your first sip.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's a film of coagulated milk proteins. They become concentrated enough at the surface of the drink due to evaporation that they form a thin film that further dries and thickens.

Noodley

dan_bo said:
bet you like it on your rusks though don't you noods?

Mmmm rusks, Farley's rusks. :wacko:

Tetedelacourse

I'm probably who Baggy described.

In each mugful of hot milk, there are around 50 - 55 microscopic organisms called Milkies which exist to fulfil but one function in their short (3 - 12 minute) lives; to protect the bottom-feeding Lactotrons from attack by anything trying to infiltrate the colony from above.

You see, as milk cools down, the sensitivity of the cranial bio-armour of the lactotrons increases like you wouldn't munkin believe, and even a dust particle, or, say, a finger, can be enough to terminate their existence, in much the same way that all traces of a sneeze on a window can be eradicated by a good wipe with a hankie.

The Milkies link elbows and, as if singing Runrig's Auld Lang Syne at the end of a mate's wedding, form concentric rings which oscillate in and out so quickly that it seems to you or I that a film of nigh-on impenetrable, eh, film has formed.

Once this occurs, there's only two possible remedies if you want to keep toastie: 1. re-apply heat. 2. Crumble a cookie around the rim of the mug. This draws the Milkies up and out, thus leaving you a window of opportunity in which to continue consumption.

Tetedelacourse said:
I'm probably who Baggy described.

In each mugful of hot milk, there are around 50 - 55 microscopic organisms called Milkies which exist to fulfil but one function in their short (3 - 12 minute) lives; to protect the bottom-feeding Lactotrons from attack by anything trying to infiltrate the colony from above.

You see, as milk cools down, the sensitivity of the cranial bio-armour of the lactotrons increases like you wouldn't munkin believe, and even a dust particle, or, say, a finger, can be enough to terminate their existence, in much the same way that all traces of a sneeze on a window can be eradicated by a good wipe with a hankie.

The Milkies link elbows and, as if singing Runrig's Auld Lang Syne at the end of a mate's wedding, form concentric rings which oscillate in and out so quickly that it seems to you or I that a film of nigh-on impenetrable, eh, film has formed.

Once this occurs, there's only two possible remedies if you want to keep toastie: 1. re-apply heat. 2. Crumble a cookie around the rim of the mug. This draws the Milkies up and out, thus leaving you a window of opportunity in which to continue consumption.

I was just composing a similiar reply when I saw this. I can't really top that, it's a cream of an answer.

Top Bottom