1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bike grease and Cyclechat jersey dilema

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 26 Jun 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

..ok...so muggins here got bike grease on his cool cyclechat jersey....erm...any ideas on how to get it off? I know th eshirt is not supposed to be boil washed:wacko:

2. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

I think you can just lift it over your head whilst removing your arms from the sleeves....

I'll get my coat.

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

You could try rubbing some margerine over the soiled area! It works on skin, so maybe . . . !
    Or have a trial on an oily cloth, just so you don't smear it over the CC shirt and make it worse.
    Anyway, what are you doing lying on the garage floor in your CC shirt? :smile:

4. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I have oil ALL over my altura waterproof - I seem to attract oil. Swar Fega?? (no idea how to spell it)

5. Amanda P

Amanda P The CycleChat user formerly known as Uncle Phil

Swarfega works quite well. Also shampoo's quite good for washing out greasy stuff.

From clothes, I mean, as well as hair!

That is, of course, the disadvantage of a white shirt... I also have yellow waterproofs which seem to magnetically attract oil and grease.

6. Iceniner

Iceniner New Member

Cant you just leave it in a bowl of cool water with some washing up powder? The washing power will just take longer to form the micelles of grease/surfactant at a lower temperatures. Also the surfactant will work better if you make sure it doesnt foam too much.

7. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Is ordinary water OK?

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

oil always seems to go after the delicates wash on my kit, I do use dry lube though

9. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Staff Member

10. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

You could also try using a Vanish soap stick.