The BikesEtc 60-second inner tube challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Lets see him try it with a Schwalbe M+. :whistle:

e-rider

crappy member
not a very good check for sharp objects remaining in the tyre, didn't see him remove the wheel from the bike either, or replace it

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
not a very good check for sharp objects remaining in the tyre, didn't see him remove the wheel from the bike either, or replace it
A mate of mine showed how quickly he could put a new tube in - twice, in quick succession! Having run out of tubes, he then asked for one of mine. I told him to slow down and remove the offending sharp object (a piece of glass) before I would donate one! :okay:

I take my time and make sure that I do it properly.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
A mate of mine showed how quickly he could put a new tube in - twice, in quick succession! Having run out of tubes, he then asked for one of mine. I told him to slow down and remove the offending sharp object (a piece of glass) before I would donate one! :okay:

I take my time and make sure that I do it properly.

Well, yes, in a real world situation, you would take a bit more time and care over it, but this isn't a real world situation, it's an internet challenge!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, yes, in a real world situation, you would take a bit more time and care over it, but this isn't a real world situation, it's an internet challenge!
Which I have witnessed people trying out in real world situations out on the road, and falling foul of! :okay:

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
All the potential pitfalls of doing the job quickly are covered in the accompanying piece in the mag - eg we also mention the importance of making sure you don't get the new tube trapped under the bead when refitting the tyre. And this is what it says about inspecting the tyre for what caused the puncture:

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 11.31.38.png

Tom B

Guru
All the potential pitfalls of doing the job quickly are covered in the accompanying piece in the mag - eg we also mention the importance of making sure you don't get the new tube trapped under the bead when refitting the tyre. And this is what it says about inspecting the tyre for what caused the puncture:

View attachment 86540

Or indeed the end of the spoke where your rim tape (or insulting tape) has failed...... Not that this has ever happened to me!

A scab on the tube and a scab over the end of the spoke got me home, tail firmly between legs.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Or indeed the end of the spoke where your rim tape (or insulting tape) has failed...... Not that this has ever happened to me!

A scab on the tube and a scab over the end of the spoke got me home, tail firmly between legs.
Where can I get this "insulting tape".............does it say "not like that you tithead" every time you go near it. :whistle:

Top Bottom