The Bird Saviour saves again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Today I rescued a fledgling crow... :biggrin:

Sitting in the gutter of a 50mph country road !!! OMG!!! a serious candidate for road kill!

So after checking for no broken bones, sat him on a low branch out of the way, so his mommy could come get him :smile: awwww... :biggrin:

I rescued a fledgling blackbird the other day. Darn thing scooted into my garage at the back when mum and sibling where in the front. I scooped him up and put him back in the front. Saw mum feeding him some snail later.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I rescued a sparrow a couple of weeks ago.

I was cycling up the road and a 4x4 Range Rover tosser came along and a sparrow flew in front of him and I swear he moved to hit it. The sparrow hit the deck and bounced down the road for a bit, so I turned around and went over to it and it was still breathing so I picked it up and took it so a suitable area in the entrance to a field and put it on some soft grass. It was breathing and opening its eyes so hopefully it will have been just stunned.

The people in a car that came along while I was in mid rescue must of thought I was a right looney crouched in the middle of the road.

MichaelM

Guru
I took a pidgeon to the vets yesterday to be put to sleep - it looked like a cat had injured it and it couldn't fly. Poor birdy.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I rescued a bumble bee, it was struggling to get airborne in our garage one cold Spring day, doing low-level passes across the floor. I gave it some warm sugar syrup in a teaspoon, it stuck its proboscis in and I could see it sucking away like mad. Came back half an hour later and it was tearing around like a nutter bashing its head against the window so I let it out. Job done.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
buggi said:
Crackle... i hope you are not trying to steal my title???? eh???? Hmmm???

What's your quota? :sad: xx(

I've saved 3 fledgling black birds (only just to be fair) and 2 pigeons from the devil dog. I tried saving an injured pigeon but it sadly lost the fight. I tried saving an injured blackbird that nextdoor's cat had had a go at, sadly lost too.

I do hate this time of year as the bird killing trait in my dog is something I really dislike and have to have eyes up my arse with her. :sad:

Do things that fall down the chimney into the wood burner count? It was cold at the time luckily.

If they do, then three crows and two squirrels over the last 15 months, caught in gardening gloves and released back into the wild.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
phil_hg_uk said:
I rescued a sparrow a couple of weeks ago.

I was cycling up the road and a 4x4 Range Rover tosser came along and a sparrow flew in front of him and I swear he moved to hit it.

b@st@rd

Globalti said:
I rescued a bumble bee, it was struggling to get airborne in our garage one cold Spring day, doing low-level passes across the floor. I gave it some warm sugar syrup in a teaspoon, it stuck its proboscis in and I could see it sucking away like mad. Came back half an hour later and it was tearing around like a nutter bashing its head against the window so I let it out. Job done.

Awwww

ArDee said:
Do things that fall down the chimney into the wood burner count? It was cold at the time luckily.

Everything counts!

snapper_37 said:
What's your quota? xx( ;)

:sad:

in my whole life??? loads and loads. ... you can try but i earned my title by risking life and limb on 50mph windy road to safe the ickle blue tit and Shaun gave me my title ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
ArDee said:

If they do, then three crows and two squirrels over the last 15 months, caught in gardening gloves and released back into the wild.

Golly gosh, how big is your chimney? and how did the cows get on the roof?

;)

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Can't say I actually rescued it, but once when I was in Glasgow, a seagull fell out of the sky onto a road behind me. As there was a taxi wanting to turn into it, I picked it up and put it on the pavement. It rested for a little while and then flew off in a drunken manner. I was surprised at how light it was.

When I was a youngster, I once saw a starling stuck in a drain cover in a local park. I eased it out gently with two fingers either side. It flew off and seemed alright.

Globalti

Legendary Member
ArDee said:

Dropping a chicken down the chimney is much cheaper than calling the sweep out. It doesn't seem to harm the chicken.

trsleigh

buggi said:
Today I rescued a fledgling crow... ;)

Sitting in the gutter of a 50mph country road !!! OMG!!! a serious candidate for road kill!

So after checking for no broken bones, sat him on a low branch out of the way, so his mommy could come get him :sad: awwww... :wacko:

Buggi, if you're a fan of corvids take a look at this nestfull in Portland, Oregon.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/new/crow-cam1
Dark over there at the moment tho.

Top Bottom