The Bude Tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good plug though.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I thought it was next to some football pitches or a golf driving range or something, but its just to protect from a bit of rain? That's a bit crap, I'd be tempted to go and kick footballs against it for an afternoon:whistle:

Sheesh tho, slow news days at regional BBC offices, tune in next week as man paints fence.

I was visiting at my folks in rural Wales a couple of months ago, and the local rag headline was 'town bypass may be open in time for Christmas' :wahhey:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I thought it was next to some football pitches or a golf driving range or something, but its just to protect from a bit of rain? That's a bit crap, I'd be tempted to go and kick footballs against it for an afternoon:whistle:

Sheesh tho, slow news days at regional BBC offices, tune in next week as man paints fence.

I was visiting at my folks in rural Wales a couple of months ago, and the local rag headline was 'town bypass may be open in time for Christmas' :wahhey:

Not one, but two, good stories.

The tunnel made it to the top of the local Trip Advisor recommendations in September, then Sainsbury's took another bite of the cherry by lighting it for Christmas this month.

They've done a decent job, not least with the video which has obviously been professionally produced.

Surprising what people like to look at on the internet - there's one bloke who has done well with photos of graffiti with his ruddy bike plonked in front of them.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Pale Rider LOL well I've definitely seen more newsworthy walls.

I guess I have a higher threshold of what I deem news, I admit the Trip Advisor stuff was vaguely humorous with the descriptions of how rubbish the 'attraction' really was. The second was basically an advert for Sainsbury's, it looked like it was filmed on a phone and edited by school kids to me.

I expect your mind was blown away by the John Lewis Elton John ad.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Unlikely the Sainsbury's film was done by kids, capturing those Christmas lights realistically will not have been easy.

I've not seen the John Lewis ad.

I watch most telly recorded or on delay so I can fast forward the ads.

Downside is I miss one or two ads which are genuinely entertaining.

Johnsop99

Veteran
Glad to see that our star attraction has made it to the hallowed pages of cyclechat. Yes it all started as a joke back in the summer but Sainsburys have put on an amazing display of continually changing light and sound patterns and it is a quite magical experience that has gone down very well with both locals and visitors.
Be quick if you want to see them, they are only there till Sunday.
Another example of the Bude sense of humour was a couple of years ago when the local Cornwall council contractors took 18 months to build a new roundabout at the top end of town. The second Christmas the roadworks were there someone dressed half a dozen inflatable skeletons in Hi-Viz vests and tied them to the fencing around the site. They were there for about a week before disappearing as mysteriously as they had appeared.

Top Bottom