The Chelsea Flower show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Anybody been in the past or going this year????

I always keep meaning to organise to go and forget about it every year.

Can you just turn up or do you have to buy tickets in advance????

Debian

Check on the RHS website, I think you have to buy in advance but not sure.

I used to go when I was a member of the RHS but not in recent years. It was always a good day out.

wafflycat

Greedo - have you tried

"Gardening Scotland" at the Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, 4 - 6 June

or

The Ayr Flower Show, Rozelle Estate, 6 - 8 August

Both are supposed to be good IIRC

I did an 'ecological impact' stand there many moons ago - what a load of toffee-nosed twerps. The interest came on the last day when the public were scrabbling for the plants and other bargains.
I bought a packet of seeds...
Nevertheless - one of life's experiences.:laugh:

sheddy

Legendary Member
BTW why does CFS only stay open for a week ?
It must take a fortnight to get the gardens ready, seems like madness !

Takes about a month I think...

Big £ from little acorns do grow...

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm going on Saturday. Organised coach trip. We leave Coventry Friday morning, have the afternoon in Windsor, stay overnight near Heathrow, spend Saturday at the show and travel back on Saturday evening.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

wafflycat said:
Greedo - have you tried

"Gardening Scotland" at the Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, 4 - 6 June

or

The Ayr Flower Show, Rozelle Estate, 6 - 8 August

Both are supposed to be good IIRC

Cheers

Will check them out

Globalti

Legendary Member
A pal of mine is setting up a stand there - he's representing some artistic Taiwanese group who want to display some carvings in niches on a S shaped wall. He says the whole show is a logistical nightmare for exhibitors and fewer and fewer British companies can be bothered with all the hassle and petty stupidity so the gap is being filled by overseas exhibitors, for whom Chelsea is still the last word in prestige.

scots_lass

Been a few times to Chelsea - great day out even getting up at the crack of dawn and travelling down from Scotland. Have watched a bit on the TV this year and it looks a bit boring somehow. Gardening Scotland is Ok as long as you don't think it will be anything like Chelsea, the best bit being that you can buy plants! (but check for hardiness in Scotland as a lot of the nurseries are English).

Top Bottom