The Choir, BBC2.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have just blubbed my way through 'The Choir' episode 2 on I-player. Unabandoned joy at the power of music and community. I sang full-time in a Cathedral choir from 7 'till 14, performed big choral works, radio, TV, LP the lot so I have some knowledge of singing and performance.

I missed the program it on Tuesday but Mrs FF watched it 'live' up stairs and afterwards came down to the kitchen where I was communing with you-lot and proclaimed "I'm gonna find a Choir and sing!" ;)

I was semi-stunned. As I guess you don't knowe the long suffering Mrs FF I'll tell you that; she's quite shy, quiet, has no real hobbies or interests outside of being a super-mum and wifeand doesn't like choral music (in fact any classivcal music) and has never sung apart from Church from time to time... so I was surprised. I thought I'd call her bluff by googling the local choir... and bugger me, tonight she went! Turned-out that she knew a mum at the school gate who she thought sang and it happened that it was the same choir we found. And she loved it! Now we have a copy of Poulenc's 'Gloria' on the kitchen side...

And I'm immensly proud of her. And thank you BBC.

Noodley

Very good FF and Mrs FF.

You'd better hope the BBC don't do a programme called "The Chaingang" or you'll never get any peace :biggrin:;)

longers

Legendary Member
Go for it Mrs FF!

My mate who has had more than a passing interest in high jinks and heavy metal and a few rum bands along the way surprised me at the weekend by agreeing to go to his local choir audition. It was tonight I think. Hope he went.

longers

Legendary Member
The old Mrs Longers is/was a chorister and I'd get frowned at for taking a book along.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
oh FFS I never thought of that! Let's encourage more dancing and singing programmes ;)

Oh hell... what if she starts watching 'Strictly'? I might end-up sewing my own sequins by the end of the week...
It must be her hormones or mid-life crisis... hopefully it won't last :biggrin:

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
Oh hell... what if she starts watching 'Strictly'? I might end-up sewing my own sequins by the end of the week...
It must be her hormones or mid-life crisis... hopefully it won't last :smile:

I don't know I can just see you in lycra and sequins....;):biggrin:

Top Bottom